- Network Summary
- This network is intended for pharmacy leaders of Vizient Southern States and provides education, networking, knowledge transfer, information exchange and collective learning opportunities. Subject matter experts, data and member leading practices are featured to address hot topics including specialty pharmacy, biosimilars, antibiotic stewardship, USP 797/800, 340B, drug shortages, bundled payments and more.
The growth in specialty drug spending—accounting for 73 percent of overall medication increases since 2011— is an avalanche of change that’s challenging how health systems and hospitals care for their patients. By 2018, specialty drugs will represent half of all drug sales—and by 2020, total volume is expected to reach nearly half a trillion dollars. As specialty drugs grow in importance, they’re also becoming more difficult to obtain. Manufacturers are placing more new products in limited distribution to control costs and gather data on use, compliance and outcomes. Health plans have added more complexity to the market by tightening limits on which specialty drugs they’ll pay for—and where and how members can fill specialty prescriptions.
In response, Vizient has launched a solution called Acentrus. Acentrus is a specialty pharmacy solution offered by Apexus, a fully owned subsidiary of Vizient, Inc. The goal is to help hospitals and health systems develop their specialty pharmacy programs to the level that they desire. Acentrus is an alliance of academic medical centers, IDNs and community hospitals working collaboratively to gain access to limited distribution drugs (LDDs) and access to payer networks so that health systems can fully serve their own patients without losing control to outside entities for specialty medications.
To learn more, call 469.299.7250 or email email@example.com.
- Calendar of Educational Events
- March 5, 2020 - Meeting (Atlanta, GA)
- August 7, 2020 - Webinar
- December 11, 2020 - Atlanta, GA
- Contact Us
- For information on how to engage or participate in Vizient Southern States Pharmacy Leaders Network, or if you have questions, contact us via the information below.